We wanted to let you know that a member of the DisCon III staff has tested positive for Covid.
- They tested negative before leaving for the convention. They arrived on Thursday night around 7 pm ET.
- On Friday morning, they woke up with mild symptoms. They tested again and tested positive.
- Due to the timing of these two tests, we believe that the staff member was most likely exposed outside of the convention.
- They were fully vaccinated and wearing a mask.
- On Thursday evening, they attended the WMGSO concert and sat in the third row, center section.
- They attended Joel’s Whisky party between 9:45 – 10:00 pm and went onto the balcony of the party, where they briefly removed their mask.
- They are not staying at the Omni Shoreham.
- They are self-isolating off-site.
- They are not returning to the convention.
- They were with a group of friends at the convention who are also self-isolating offsite and will not be attending in person.
If you are symptomatic, we have rapid test kits we can deliver to your room. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements.
Please remember to wear your mask at all times. We recommend installing the DC CAN (DC Covid Alert Notice) app on your mobile device, which will notify you if you come into contact with someone who has tested positive for Covid-19.
To learn about where you can obtain a Covid test here in DC, please click this link:
If you have any questions or concerns, please email email@example.com
Mary Robinette Kowal
DisCon III Chair